Tarmac Delay Contingency Plan USA
EW Discover is committed to providing the highest possible customer experience to each of its passengers. This Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays (Plan) complies with U.S. DOT regulations and applies only to flights departing from or arriving at U.S. airports.
- EW Discover assures its customers that, for flights covered by this Plan:
- EW Discover will not permit an aircraft to remain on the tarmac at a U.S. airport for more than four (4) hours before allowing passengers to deplane, unless: (i) The pilot-in-command determines there is a safety-related or security-related reason why the aircraft cannot leave its position on the tarmac to deplane passengers; or (ii) Air traffic control advises the pilot-in-command that returning to the gate or another disembarkation point elsewhere in order to deplane passengers would significantly disrupt airport operations.
- EW Discover will provide adequate food and potable water no later than two (2) hours after the aircraft leaves the gate (in the case of departure) or touches down (in the case of arrival) if the aircraft remains on the tarmac, unless the pilot-in-command determines that safety or security considerations preclude such service.
- EW Discover will provide operable lavatory facilities while the aircraft remains on the tarmac.
- EW Discover will provide adequate medical attention if needed while the aircraft remains on the tarmac.
- EW Discover will notify passengers aboard the delayed flight of the delay’s status every 30 minutes while the aircraft is delayed, including the reasons for the delay if they are known.
- EW Discover will notify passengers beginning 30 minutes after scheduled departure time (including any revised departure time that passengers were notified about before boarding) and every 30 minutes thereafter that they have the opportunity to deplane from an aircraft if the opportunity to deplane actually exists. Passengers who choose to deplane may not be permitted to re-board and will be notified of this possibility if it exists.
- EW Discover has sufficient resources to implement this Plan.
- EW Discover has coordinated this Plan with airport authorities (including terminal facility operators where applicable) at each large, medium, small, and non- hub U.S. airport that it serves, including its regular U.S. diversion airports.
- EW Discover has coordinated this Plan with U.S. Customs and Border Protection at each large, medium, small, and non- hub U.S. airports that it regularly uses for international flights, including its diversion airports.
- EW Discover has coordinated this Plan with the Transportation Security Administration at each large, medium, small, and non- hub U.S. airports that it serves, including diversion airports.
If you have any questions on our Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays, please contact a customer service representative.